A great opportunity to lead the nation's foodies...
We are looking for a sales driven, enthusiastic, talented team player to work with one of the largest dairy companies in the world!
Do you want to be part of a growing team in a leading supermarket? This role is part of the nation`s biggest food sampling programme for a major retailer.
We are looking for an Area Sampling Manager in Tonbridge, Kent, who will strive for excellence in their team and inspire their people to achieve fantastic results through developing and coaching. We want managers who are flexible, have personal drive and a strong sense of team spirit in order to be successful in this fast moving and reactive retail field environment. The role requires people who want to go that extra mile to deliver performance and strives to resolve issues in a proactive way.
You will have the opportunity to manage both full time and part time samplers who will be promoting and sampling food and non food products within the retailer`s stores. You will have responsibility for recruiting, training and coaching your team to ensure we have the best team of sampling ambassadors working within the stores and who are best fit to deliver sales performance. You will work across a geographical area, where you will be responsible for building relationships with the store management team to gain support for the sampling programme, as well as ensuring best in class delivery of sampling events through the team of sampling ambassadors. You will be responsible for managing the team to ensure attendance compliance by samplers and compliance to individual client briefs.
Are you someone who is...
- Experienced in people management (ideally retail background)
- Sales and results orientated with proven selling skills
- Commercially aware and has the ability to manage within a budget
- Able to build relationship with clients at senior levels
- Proactive in performance management
- Passionate about food and service excellence
- Energetic and inspiring person
- A stickler for detail
- Analytical and good problem solver
- Organised and has strong planning skills
- Good negotiator and can demonstrate influencing skills
- Strong individual, able to work well under pressure
Job specific requirements:
Daily travel and be prepared to spend overnights away from home when needed.
Full clean driving licence
- Educated to GCSE / O level standard (minimum Maths & English passes)
- Proven IT skills and familiar with Internet and all Microsoft packages
- High degree of professionalism in business dress and conduct.
- Responsible, while at work, for ensuring that reasonable and appropriate care is taken for own health and safety and for the health and safety of sampling team whilst in store.
- To support team colleagues during holidays or sickness on a rotational basis and to be available outside of sampling hours for team queries
- Manage budgets at local levels.
You need to be an excellent communicator with proficient IT skills. You must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, being able to work both autonomously and as part of a team. A full driving licence is essential as the role will involve coverage of a large geographical area of the UK. The salary for this role is £26,000 per annum plus bonus, generous holiday, company car, mobile phone & lap top.